* This isn't a new way to see custom clothing, just takes advantage of the system already in place by the Mod Browser. This workaround was discovered with the intention of finding a way to film with a few friends & consistently see each others' outfits. There is no way to see everyone's outfit in the current state of MP & this technique doesn't scale well outside of a small group.
How to see custom clothing in 1.2 Beta MP explained by trav420 & khllr
1. Download an official mod from the Mod Browser that matches the model of your custom clothing.
2. Open your Documents > SkaterXL > mod.io folder & search for the name of the downloaded item. (i.e; "MixTape Ame" for the Ame jerseys)
3. Once you've identified the folder of the mod, open the folder containing your textures. (i.e; "829360_1027229" was the corresponding number for the Ame jerseys in this example, the MShirt files are in a subfolder named "MixTape Ame WinningTime TRIMMED1")
4. Paste the textures you intend to use for your custom clothing into the folder alongside the original textures.
5. Copy the name from the original texture. (i.e; "MShirt_AmeMixtapeJersey0" for the Ame jerseys in this example)
6. Delete the original texture file. Replace the name of your custom clothing item with the filename you copied in the last step.
Repeat steps 4-6 for any normals & you're done. When you equip the clothing item in MP, anyone who has the original item downloaded from the Mod Browser will see it.
Only players who have also replaced the original files with your custom textures will see your clothes.
After equipping the downloaded mod, you can still modify your Player_customization file & the other players will see your model change. You can add or remove normals from Mod Browser mods whether they had them before or not.
In summary: Download any item from the Mod Browser that matches your custom clothing model & replace the original files with your files without changing the name. Anyone else who does the same will see your clothes.
The other method of matching directories with other players to see custom clothing is not 100% reliable, but this method will work 100% of the time if done correctly. Otherwise you cannot control when the server accurately loads custom player clothing textures & when it does not.